CBD Oil for Pet
You want to do what is best for your best friends, especially the canine & feline variety. If your friend is suffering from the symptoms of old age or a medical condition that is causing pain or stiffness, you need to know about CBD oils. CBD (cannabidiol) is a compound derived from cannabis or hemp. Pure CBD oils contain only trace amounts of THC (the chemical that causes a “high”) and are very well tolerated by most dogs and cats.
Although there is relatively little published research as to CBDs’ effect on dogs & cats, scientists do know that cannabinoids interact with the endocannabinoid receptors in the nervous system and are associated with positive effects on balance and general health.
What Can CBD Oil Do for Your Dog?
At this point, our information comes from owners. Those administering CBDs to their pets report that it treats pain, particularly neuropathic pain, and helps to control seizures. CBDs are also showing anti-inflammatory properties, for cardiac benefits, anti-anxiety properties, appetite stimulation, and even as a possible anti-cancer treatment. There is also a study being conducted that will evaluate the use of CBD for the treatment of epileptic dogs.
What to Look Out for When Giving CBD to Your Dog/Cat
CDB is a chemically active compound and medication, and it is important to pay close attention to the dosage you are delivering. Start with small amounts and keep a close eye on how it affects them. While most dogs tolerate CBD oil usage very well, there are some side-effects associated with CBDs:
- Dry mouth: As you know, a dog’s salivation regulates its temperature. If your dog suddenly indicates a significant increase in thirst, that is a sign.
- Lowered blood pressure: Although usually temporary and fairly minor, there may be some light-headedness associated with CBD use.
- Drowsiness: CBD has been used by dog owners to treat anxiety. Be careful about giving too much–a very drowsy pooch may mean you’ve administered too much.
It is always important to start with small amounts and watch your dog closely for any signs of ill-effects. Typically, you should expect to see results in 30 to 60 minutes.
Ask your vet if not sure about using CBD oil for your dog’s condition.
Know What to Look For, and What to Look Out For
You and your vet should know that not all CBD oils are the same. Quality has a major impact on effectiveness.
- Use a liquid. CBD dog treats are OK, but for ultimate effectiveness, administering with oil or tincture allows you to control the dose drop by drop. The drops can be added to Fido’s food to make it easy to administer.
- Don’t be cheap. Make sure that your oil is pure and free from potentially toxic contaminants that can be found in cheaper options.
- Be content conscious. Check to make sure that you know the CBD content in the product, and make sure that there is little or no THC content.
- Go organic. Whether organic or not, it shouldn’t contain pesticides, fungicides, or solvents.
Buy Your Dog’s CBD Oil from GreenEx Farms
Pet parents are turning away from pharmaceuticals toward CBDs for their dog’s health. We at GreenEx Farms understand the level of quality and purity required to safely and effectively administer to your furry family member. There are many levels of quality being offered, by choosing a GreenEx Farms CBD for your dog, you can be sure of the purest and most accurate product available.